Mental Health Challenges During COVID-19
These unprecedented times are having an outsized impact on those with mental health challenges. Social distancing can cause even greater isolation and loneliness.
During our March Perspectives on Social Determinants of Health Panel Breakfast in Cleveland, Archie Green, a mental health advocate, hip hop artist and founder of Peel Dem Layers Back (PDLB), shared his insights on mental health. See event recap and video.
Archie spreads awareness through music and provides a space to acknowledge mental health issues and provide support. He’s continued by creating a show “PDLB Survival Toolkit” to help everyone coping with mental illness with practical solutions to apply to everyday life.
Check out these mental health resources:
- Archie’s PDLB Survival Toolkit
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) mental health information
- Our Thrive Global piece on “The Hidden Risk of Social Isolation During COVID-19
- CDC: Stress and Coping
- Mental Health America: Mental Health And COVID-19 – Information And Resources
- 3 ways to protect your mental health during – and after – COVID-19
- Managing stress with exercise
- Tips For Social Distancing, Quarantine, And Isolation During An Infectious Disease Outbreak
- Exercise brain health and mental health
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Tips for Dementia Caregivers
- Coping with anxiety during the coronavirus outbreak
- Coronavirus news on social media stressing you out? Here’s how to handle the anxiety