HELP MEN LIVE HEALTHIER LIVES
One in three men between the ages of 18 and 50 haven’t been to the doctor in over a year. The top health issues affecting men include heart disease, cancer, chronic lower respiratory disease (like asthma), stroke, diabetes, and suicide. Many of these health challenges can be treated, improved, or prevented with a healthy lifestyle. Help save lives and ensure the men in your life — fathers, grandfathers, brothers, and friends — live their healthiest, best lives.
Together we can improve men’s health, including:
- Reducing the rates of smoking and tobacco use to less than 10% by 2024
- Reducing death and disability from cardiovascular disease and strokes by 20% by 2020
- Preventing people from being in the emergency room, homeless, and incarcerated due to mental illness
- Doubling the number of lives saved from cancer
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Start a workplace giving campaign or include Men’s Health in your current campaign
- Pledge a gift or dedicated match to the cause
- Increase employee engagement by offering our Men’s Health resources to raise awareness, learn more, or volunteer
- Involve your customers and community through cause marketing
Ray Christie was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2008 at age 54. At the time, his doctor gave him six months to a year to live.
Eight years later, Ray continues treating
his disease and is enrolled in a clinical
trial. Ray maintains a positive attitude
throughout his treatments and credits his family and support system with helping him beat this awful disease.
Ray knows how fortunate he is to have such support system and that not many men are as lucky. For this reason, he advocates for awareness, sharing his story and educating men about the disease however he can.
“When I was diagnosed with prostate cancer, I discovered that a positive attitude made everything more manageable. Staying positive and focused, maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and relying on my family and support system is what keeps me strong,” said Ray.