How Will You Celebrate Mother’s Day?
Did you know approximately 122 million calls are made on Mother’s Day – more than any other day of the year?
May 12 will be here sooner than you know it, how will you celebrate and show appreciation to the woman who gave you life?
Traditionally, most families would either buy their mother’s flowers, provide breakfast in bed or take mom to a nice restaurant. However, last year our CEO, Thomas Bognnano, encouraged our readers to start a new tradition for Mom – a healthy one.
So, make health a priority for both you and mom in time for Mother’s Day, and year-round. Below are simple ways to incorporate health and fun in time for the big day.
- Support women’s health: Donate to an organization that support mothers and children in need or another charitable cause close to Mom’s heart.
- Take morning walks or afternoon walks: Encourage mom to go on walks instead of just sitting.
- Volunteer your time: Encourage and the who family to participate in a community service project and let Mom know you are taking action in her honor.
- Give healthy gifts: Consider purchasing Mom a fruit bouquet or pedometer.
- Cook healthy meals: Consider creating healthier versions of your family’s favorite recipes, cooking healthier meals or start a small family garden.
Celebrate Mother’s Day this year by giving Mom—and the whole family—a gift that will last a lifetime: better health for all.