Honor America’s Heroes this Memorial Day
This Memorial Day, Community Health Charities honors and remembers the men and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice by defending our country.
DID YOU KNOW:
- Veterans are 5 times more likely to commit suicide than nonveterans
- Nearly 1 in 4 active military show signs of a mental health condition
- Veterans account for approximately seven percent of the 553,000 individuals experiencing homelessness
- Nearly 67 percent of veterans report having chronic pain, which can contribute to depression, anxiety, poor sleep patterns, decreased quality of life, and substance use disorders
Effective health care often lies outside the confines of a strictly medical approach and includes broader social determinants of health, such as housing, income, and family supports. CHC is helping American heroes and their families with our Hero’s Health cause.
Hero’s Health engages business and health sector leaders to help American heroes and their families by:
- Supporting paralyzed and seriously injured veterans
- Providing thousands of military families free lodging close to loved ones hospitalized for an illness, disease, or injury
- Preventing veterans from being in the emergency room, homeless, and incarcerated due to mental illness
- Providing confidential 24/7 peer support and resources to veterans, service members and their families
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Honor our veterans this Memorial Day by using our volunteer opportunity locator to find existing volunteer projects in your area that support those who served in the military.
Share our Military and Veteran health resources, to raise awareness and help those in need of these resources or peer support.
Be sure to encourage others to show their appreciation for our fallen heroes by supporting Hero’s Health.