Giving With Confidence: Ensuring You’re Supporting Trusted Charities
As the end of the year draws close and you begin to prioritize your end of year and holiday giving, make sure you’re giving to organizations that truly have intentions of building stronger, healthier communities.
BBB-Wise Giving Alliance has compiled 7 guidelines to ensure you’re giving to nonprofits that are genuinely raising awareness for health and wellness.
- Get the charity’s exact name.
- Resist pressure to give on the spot.
- Be wary of heart-wrenching appeals.
- Press for specifics.
- Check websites for basics.
- Check with state charity officials.
- Don’t assume that every organization is a tax-exempt charity.
When you’re looking to give, remember that Community Health Charities works with more than 2,000 of the most trusted health nonprofits across the United States. Make the world a better place and support the causes you’re most passionate about with Community Health Charities.