Camps for Kids with Health Challenges
PROVIDE LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCES FOR CHILDREN WITH LONG-TERM HEALTH ISSUES.
Each year, more than 14 million children attend summer camp in the US.* It’s a rite of passage for many, providing independence and personal growth. For children facing long-term health challenges, this life-changing opportunity builds confidence and helps children see beyond their limits rather than be defined by them. Support Camps for Kids with Health Challenges and give kids the chance to just be kids.
You can help children living with long-term health challenges, including:
- Supplying 665,000 blood glucose testing strips to 68 camps for children with Type 2 diabetes
- Hosting over 132,000 children and families a year at camps designed to help kids develop self-confidence and independence despite health challenges
- Supporting nearly 75 camps for children with muscular dystrophy, free of charge
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Start a workplace giving campaign or include Camps for Kids with Health Challenges in your current campaign.
- Pledge a gift or dedicated match to the cause.
- Involve your customers and community through cause marketing.
- Increase employee engagement by offering our resources to raise awareness or volunteer.
NEVAEH DIVES INTO A SERIOUSLY FUN SUMMER
At SeriousFun camps, children living with serious illnesses get to experience many firsts. For eight-year-old Nevaeh, who attended Transplant Week at North Star Reach in Michigan, it was her first time to ever swim in a lake. On the first day of camp, when she first touched the water, she was timid and scared. Two days later, she was running full force into the lake toward her new friends with an exuberant grin on her face. Your support gives children like Nevaeh the opportunity to take healthy risks in a safe and nurturing environment.