American Indian Health
MAKING A HEALTHIER LIFE POSSIBLE FOR THE SOUTHERN PLAINS AMERICAN INDIAN TRIBAL NATIONS
American Indians are disproportionately affected by long-term health challenges that in many cases can be prevented. Data shows we can improve the health of American Indians, but more resources are critically needed.
Together we can help make a healthier life possible for the Southern Plains American Indian Tribal Nations, including:
- Advancing research into practical solutions that improve the quality of life of nearly 16% of American Indians that are living with diabetes
- Providing fully functioning prosthetic care to American Indians who cannot afford it
- Sponsoring a mental health hotline that responds to 40,000 requests each year, available to to the 28% of American Indians living with a mental health condition
- Promoting learning, enhancing self-esteem, and fostering independence in a safe camp environment for children ages 9 to 16 living with diabetes
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Start a workplace giving campaign or include the American Indian Health Fund in your current campaign.
- Pledge a gift or dedicated match to the cause.
- Increase employee engagement by offering American Indian Health Fund resources to raise awareness, learn more or volunteer.
- Involve your customers and community through cause marketing.