Your son is cutting, and you can’t stop it. Your friend’s depression drove her to a suicide attempt. Your mother is so anxious that she can’t leave the house. When someone you love is hurting, the darkness seems overwhelming. But there is hope.
You’re not alone.
1 in 5 adults experiences a mental health condition. 1 in 5 youth experiences a severe mental disorder. 300 million people around the world are living with depression.
What you can do:
- Tell your story.
- Share mental health and crisis resources.
Share on Facebook. Share on Twitter.
- Raise awareness on social media with #writecause and invite your network to join you.
- Support the authors who are using their storytelling power to help. Reading and writing is good for mental health.
- Donate to WriteCause or learn more about Mental Health and Wellbeing.
- Contact us if you’re an author who wants to help
Authors Supporting WriteCause:
- Peter Dudley
WriteCause is powered by Community Health Charities to support:
- Covenant House – rebuilding the lives of young people experiencing homelessness and recovering from physical and emotional abuse, human trafficking, and despair.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention – finding better ways to prevent suicide, bringing hope to those affected, and making mental health a priority.
- Mental Health America – helping those living with mental illness and promoting early detection, intervention, and prevention before it’s too late.
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) — building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness through education and advocacy.