Human trafficking is a problem in the U.S. and around the world, affecting the most vulnerable: children who are in foster care, homeless, struggling with mental health issues, part of the LGBT community, or sexually abused. Women and girls account for 98% of victims of trafficking for sexual exploitation (International Labour Organization Report). Support Restore Her Heart to protect, rescue and empower women and girls here in the U.S. and around the world.
Rose is Resilient
Rose was kidnapped off a city street by two men. One pushed Rose in the car and punched her in the face. He would later become her pimp. Rose’s life quickly spiraled into a nightmare of exploitation, rape and servitude. Rose wanted to fight back, but he threatened to kill her family. He reminded her that he knew her address – and what her little sister looked like.
Finally, an old friend recognized Rose and helped her run to a relative’s house. Unable to reconnect with her family or friends, Rose became homeless. She spent three nights on buses before entering the city shelter system. Thankfully, she found Covenant House. Rose can still barely stand to be touched, almost three years after escaping. But she is learning how to heal – slowly but surely.
Restore Her Heart is powered by Community Health Charities to support:
- Covenant House
- Trauma Healing Institute
Make an Impact
You can help the hundreds of thousands of children and women who are trafficked each year:
- Provide safe shelter and transition programs for women and girls exiting the sex trade
- Support education and awareness programs to prevent these atrocities from happening
- Provide hands-on training to officials and advocates in the justice system
What You Can Do
- Start a workplace giving campaign or include Restore Her Heart in your current campaign.
- Pledge a gift or dedicated match to the cause.
- Increase employee engagement by offering our Human Trafficking resources to raise awareness, learn more or volunteer.
- Involve your customers and community through cause marketing.