Your son is cutting, and you can’t stop it. Your friend’s depression drove her to a suicide attempt. Your mother is so anxious that she can’t leave the house. When someone you love is hurting, the darkness seems overwhelming. But there is hope.
1 in 5 adults have a mental health condition. 1 in 5 youth experiences a severe mental disorder. 300 million people around the world are living with depression.
You can help save and restore lives:
- Help those living with mental illness and promote early detection, intervention, education, and prevention before it’s too late.
- Find better ways to prevent suicide, bring hope to those affected, and make mental health a priority.
- Rebuild the lives of young people experiencing homelessness and recovering from physical and emotional abuse, human trafficking, and despair.
What You Can Do:
- Start a workplace giving campaign or include Mental Health and Wellbeing in your current campaign.
- Pledge a gift or dedicated match to the cause.
- Involve your customers and community through cause marketing.
- Increase employee engagement by offering our resources to raise awareness or volunteer.
- Share your story. Learn more about WriteCause.
Mental Health and Wellbeing is powered by Community Health Charities to support:
- Covenant House
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Mental Health America
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
As a little child, Jessie grew up in an abusive home, living in constant fear and anxiety. Later in college, she got involved in risky behaviors and binge drinking and wondered if her life was worth living. When Jessie saw others talking openly about their mental health, it encouraged her to seek help too. After being diagnosed with anxiety disorder and depression, she got treatments and spends her free time raising awareness about mental health in the hopes that no one else has to suffer in silence.