After sacrificing and serving our country, our military veterans often need to recover from both physical and mental wounds. Nearly 1 of every 4 active duty military members show signs of post-traumatic stress disorder, depression or other mental health conditions. Support Hero’s Health to provide comprehensive health services for our nation’s military, veterans, and first responders.
You can help America’s heroes and their families, including:
- Providing thousands of military families free lodging close to loved ones hospitalized for an illness, disease, or injury
- Preventing veterans from being in the emergency room, homeless, and incarcerated due to mental illness
- Supplying materials to veterans and their family members in all 50 states
- Constructing housing for families of injured servicemen and women
What You Can Do
- Start a workplace giving campaign or include Hero’s Health in your current campaign
- Pledge a gift or dedicated match to the cause.
- Increase employee engagement by o ering our Hero’s Health resources to raise awareness, learn more, or volunteer
- Involve your customers and community through cause marketing
Iraq War veteran and Purple Heart recipient Dale Beatty remembers the day his life changed forever.
In November 2004, Dale was injured in an IED explosion while in his Humvee. He lost both legs. “It’s amazing how clear everything becomes when you think your next breath could be your last,” Dale says.
Thanks to our charity partner, Dale’s wife and children were able to stay by his side throughout his recovery and rehabilita on; they also received the emotional support they needed to heal.
Today, Dale stays active and works to help other vets. “I remain forever grateful,” he says.