Not every child is fortunate enough to be healthy and safe in a loving home. Each year, nearly 27,000 children are diagnosed with a life-threatening illness like cancer, and many more face an uncertain future due to life-limiting conditions. Thousands of children and youth are homeless, and many more are struggling. But you can change that. Support Every Kid Deserves® to improve children’s health and wellbeing.
Together we can improve children’s health and keep them healthy, including:
- Implementing evidence-based policies and practices that support healthy eating and physical activity in schools and youth-serving organizations
- Bringing healthcare to homeless and low-income children and families with a pediatric mobile clinic, resulting in 290,000 healthcare consults annually
- Serving and providing housing for 46,000 homeless and trafficked youth annually
- Assisting families and those caring for seriously ill children
- Providing treatment and care to over 7,500 children annually living with life-threatening illnesses
What You Can Do
- Start a workplace giving campaign or include Every Kid Deserves® in your current campaign.
- Pledge a gift or dedicated match to the cause.
- Involve your customers and community through cause marketing.
- Increase employee engagement by offering our resources to raise awareness or volunteer.
Kenlie has been battling cancer almost her entire life but you’d never know it based on her sunny personality. When Kenlie was just a baby, she was found to have synovial sarcoma, a cancer of the soft tissue and joints. She has undergone knee replacement surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, physical therapy, and in February 2016, amputation of the affected leg. Treatments invented by our charity partner have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20% to more than 80% since it opened more than 50 years ago. Now, at age 10, Kenlie continues to receive chemotherapy, and enjoys visiting with her favorite nurses.
A version of this story was originally published at stjude.org.