American Indians are disproportionately affected by long-term health challenges that in many cases can be prevented. Data shows we can improve the health of American Indians, but more resources are critically needed.
You can help make a healthier life possible for the Southern Plains American Indian Tribal Nations, including:
- Advancing research into practical solutions that improve the quality of life of nearly 16% of American Indians that are living with diabetes
- Providing fully functioning prosthetic care to American Indians who cannot afford it
- Sponsoring a mental health hotline that responds to 40,000 requests each year, available to to the 28% of American Indians living with a mental health condition
- Promoting learning, enhancing self-esteem, and fostering independence in a safe camp environment for children ages 9 to 16 living with diabetes
What You Can Do
- Start a workplace giving campaign or include the American Indian Health Fund in your current campaign.
- Pledge a gift or dedicated match to the cause.
- Increase employee engagement by offering American Indian Health Fund resources to raise awareness, learn more or volunteer.
- Involve your customers and community through cause marketing.